The IMDSL laser have a compact, maintenance-free design for effective and safe use in ENT surgery. Specifically developed for various applications, this sophisticated system offers a wide range of possibilities for minimally invasive laser therapy of ear, nose and throat ailments. Whether in the OT, in out-patient clinic or in private practice– the range of applications can be extended according to individual requirements.Advantages of a laser surgery:
- Minimal invasive
- minimal bleedings and atraumatic
- good wound healing with uncomplicated follow-up care
- hardly any side effects
- possibility to operate people with a cardiac pacemaker
- treatments under local anesthesia possible (esp. rhinology and vocal chords treatments)
- treatment of areas which are difficult to reach
- time saving
- reduction of medicine
- more sterile
- Wave Length- the 980 nm wavelength have certain importance over 810 & 940nm wavelength used in diode lasers, This wavelength is absorbed in 70% water which allows us to high absorption of radiant energy in tissue.
- The fiber does not need any initiation before using it.
- Other chromophores for absorption are haemoglobin & oxy haemoglobin
- Works on radiant energy
- No collateral thermal damage
- No charring of tissue
- The frequency used is 20,000hz
- So the pulses width 25micro seconds ton and toff both.
- Super pulse technology.
- Toff time is called thermal relaxation time(energy get dissipated
- Accessory auricle
- Tumours of inner ear
- Nasal polyp
- Turbinate reduction
- Cysts & Mucocele
- Stenosis & synechia
- Sinus surgery
- vocal cord polyp
- vocal cord nodule
- Excision of tumors
- Leukoplakia of larynx